Current National Honor Society leadership has desired to find ways to mitigate stress and anxiety for students. Although the pandemic has impacted students in many ways, including typical efforts by NHS, several members recently shared study tips on topics pertinent for all students, but especially freshmen, as they complete final projects and prepare for final exams. Connor Pohl '21 shares his one-minute study tip video here.
Manage your time. - Ben Mueller
- Don’t procrastinate.
- Set up study schedule (planner/calendar).
- Practice the Pomodoro method.
Focus on the right areas. - Brad Rumping
- Put more time into the classes you struggle in.
- Put more time into the classes with grades on the border (C+/B).
- Sleep well.
- Eat a good breakfast.
Explore online resources. - David Stevens
- Make flash cards and review with Quizlet.
- Try other study tools available online.
Put exams in context: it’s a snapshot of the entire semester. - Kyle Stockmann
Use teachers as resources. - Henry Right
- Email them at least 24 hours in advance.
- Set up a meeting to ask questions.
- Attend office hours.
Complete late work if allowed. - Michael Cutler