Safe Classes in Session
- We have enough space on campus to provide appropriate physical distancing. Our gym, cafeteria, and lobby now serve as classrooms.
- We follow a shorter version of our block schedule so students attend 4 classes per day with lunch served safely in assigned homerooms.
- We have a technology infrastructure in place that allows seamless transition between in-person and remote learning. Students have their own laptops and practice with online resources.
- Formation Fridays and other activities encourage brotherhood development and school spirit.
- We have caring parents, dedicated faculty and staff, and a community willing to follow safety procedures and centered on the formation of our students.
Now more than ever...
Your son needs safe classes in session.
De Smet Jesuit is an all boys Jesuit high school in St. Louis. We are committed to helping students grow both academically and spiritually. We are grateful that we were able to safely welcome students back into physical classrooms in early August 2020. Here's how.
I am grateful to teach in a school where we care about safety so much so that we have thoughtful, clear, consistent, and concrete rules and policies, along with adjusted facilities and processes during COVID. We are flexible enough to change things up when we need to, and we have resources to provide a safe learning environment for all students and faculty. I am grateful we have students and families who care so much about education that they support us in the work we do.Dr. Pete Musso, Assistant Principal