De Smet Jesuit seeks to hire candidates who are proficient in their teaching areas, active in their faith, models of being "men and women for and with others," and interested in being active in the school's co-curricular, athletic and campus ministry programs. Preference will be given to candidates who are certified in their subject area by the State of Missouri.
De Smet Jesuit is a Jesuit, Catholic college preparatory high school for boys, grades 9-12, located in suburban St. Louis, Missouri. The college prep academic program is complemented by extensive religious, co-curricular, athletic, and personal formation programs. The Mission of De Smet Jesuit is to Inspire & Prepare Men for and with Others to Transform the World, Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam.
De Smet Jesuit High School offers a complete benefits package, including medical, dental, and life insurance, a 403 B retirement plan, long term disability, vacation, sick leave, paid maternity leave, and 15 paid holidays per year.
De Smet Jesuit High School is committed to equal employment opportunity for, and utilization of, all individuals without regard to race, color, national origin, creed, sex, age, veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
CLICK HERE to find out if there are any Open Coaching Positions at De Smet Jesuit.
De Smet Jesuit High School invites applications for the position of Principal beginning with the 2018-2019 academic year. Located in Creve Coeur, Missouri, De Smet Jesuit High School is a private, Catholic, Jesuit college preparatory school for boys, grades 9 – 12. It was established in 1967 and was named in honor of the prominent Belgian Jesuit Great Plains missionary, Pierre-Jean De Smet, who did much of his early missionary work in the St. Louis area. De Smet Jesuit High School currently serves a student body of approximately 738 students.
De Smet Jesuit offers an extensive academic program with college honors courses in a variety of subjects. The academic program is complemented by religious and personal formation programs and opportunities, including retreats, regular liturgies, and community service, all focused on St. Ignatius’ Spiritual Exercises, as well as extensive co-curricular and athletic programs.
The Mission of De Smet Jesuit is to Inspire & Prepare Men for and with Others to Transform the World, Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam (To The Greater Glory of God). De Smet Jesuit practices the Ignatian principle of Cura Personalis or “care for the entire person”. To that end, it strives to graduate young men who are open to growth, intellectually competent, religious, loving, committed to justice, and developing as leaders.
The Principal of De Smet Jesuit is the educational leader of the school and is directly accountable to the President. The Principal is responsible for the planning, development, and operations of the school, including:
- Maintenance and nurturance of the Catholic and Ignatian identity of the school
- Employment, development, evaluation and supervision of faculty and faculty support staff
- Curriculum and co-curricular development and assessment
- Development, implementation, and oversight of academic financial planning and budgets
- Student welfare, safety and discipline
- Campus Ministry, athletics, activities, and service programs
- Admission, retention, and dismissal of students
- Communication of school information to faculty, staff, students, parents, and alumni
To qualify for this position, candidates must:
- Be a practicing Catholic, committed to maintaining and enhancing the Jesuit character of De Smet Jesuit High School
- Have a minimum of ten years’ combined experience in high school teaching and/or administration, preferably in directing the planning and development of curriculum and academic programs for a Catholic High School
- Have a minimum of a Master’s degree in education, school administration, or related area
- Have demonstrated excellence in the development and implementation of curriculum and instruction and demonstrate knowledge of contemporary trends and methods of curriculum and instruction
- Have demonstrated leadership skills, including consensus building, strategic planning, collaboration, communication, delegation, and ensuring development and accountability among faculty and faculty support staff
To be considered for this position, candidates should submit a resume, letter of interest, and completed employment application at http://www.desmet.org/about/careers APPLICATIONS DUE BY MARCH 16TH, 2018
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/H/V, Committed to Diversity and Inclusion