De Smet Jesuit seeks to hire candidates who are proficient in their teaching areas, active in their faith, models of being "men and women for and with others," and interested in being active in the school's co-curricular, athletic and campus ministry programs. Preference will be given to candidates who are certified in their subject area by the State of Missouri.
De Smet Jesuit is a Jesuit, Catholic college preparatory high school for boys, grades 9-12, located in suburban St. Louis, Missouri. The college prep academic program is complemented by extensive religious, co-curricular, athletic, and personal formation programs. The Mission of De Smet Jesuit is to Inspire & Prepare Men for and with Others to Transform the World, Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam.
De Smet Jesuit High School offers a complete benefits package, including medical, dental, and life insurance, a 403 B retirement plan, long term disability, vacation, sick leave, paid maternity leave, and 15 paid holidays per year.
De Smet Jesuit High School is committed to equal employment opportunity for, and utilization of, all individuals without regard to race, color, national origin, creed, sex, age, veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
CLICK HERE to find out if there are any Open Coaching Positions at De Smet Jesuit.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/H/V, Committed to Diversity and Inclusion
ASSISTANT DIRECTOR OF ADMISSIONS – DE SMET JESUIT HIGH SCHOOL
De Smet Jesuit High School, a private, Catholic, Jesuit, college preparatory school for boys, grades 9 – 12, located in Creve Coeur, Missouri, invites applications for the newly created position of Assistant Director of Admissions. Preferred candidates will have a Bachelor’s degree and be a strong strategic thinker with experience in data capture/management, sales, promotions and/or prospect tracking. Reporting to the Director of Admissions, the individual in this position must exercise the initiative and discipline to manage his/her unique duties and meet his/her assigned goals without regular oversight.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Develop outreach strategies and programs, targeting key parishes, public schools and co-curricular activities such as clubs and sports teams
- Participate in planning, implementing and measuring strategies and tactics to achieve yearly freshman enrollment consistent with academic, disciplinary and tuition objectives
- Collaborate with Communications Office to develop Admissions recruitment materials
- Schedule one-on-one tours for Director of Admissions, conduct such tours, as needed
- Handle all in-bound inquiries generated from website, phone calls and emails
- Manage inquiry and prospect information using On Board: In-bound leads, event leads, etc.
- Manage and schedule student ambassadors for on- and off-site admissions marketing events
- Assist in planning Fall and Spring Open House and other on-site events
- Provide strategic input and administrative support to Director of Admissions as required
Qualified candidates will possess:
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least two years’ experience in school admissions, Catholic secondary education, recruitment, marketing or sales
Preference will be given to qualified candidates who are:
- Practicing Catholics with passion for our mission: To inspire and prepare men for and with others to transform the world, Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam (for the greater glory of God).
- Committed to customer service
- Competent in the use of data for planning and outcomes management
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs
- Adaptable to new approaches, technology, and software
- Interested in working with elementary and high school students
To be considered for this position, candidates should submit a resume, letter of interest, and completed employment application below. Applications will be accepted through June 24, 2018.
BIOLOGY TEACHER – PART-TIME
De Smet Jesuit High School invites applications for the position of Part-time Biology Teacher beginning with the 2018-2019 academic year. Classroom teachers at De Smet Jesuit provide college preparatory level instruction to young men in a Jesuit environment with an emphasis on the Ignatian Principle of Cura Personalis, or “care for the entire person”. Collaborating with administrators, counselors, fellow faculty members and students, classroom teachers are a primary resource for the development of our students. Classroom teachers work closely with the School Administration, the offices of Diversity and Inclusion, Counseling, Student Activities, and Campus Ministry to nurture the growth of all students.
Preference will be given to candidates who are certified to teach Biology or a related subject and who are practicing Catholics, committed to maintaining and enhancing the Jesuit character of De Smet Jesuit High School.To be considered for this position, candidates should submit a resume, letter of interest, and completed employment application below. To facilitate planning for the academic year, candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.