De Smet Jesuit seeks to hire candidates who are proficient in their teaching areas, active in their faith, models of being "men and women for and with others," and interested in being active in the school's co-curricular, athletic and campus ministry programs. Preference will be given to candidates who are certified in their subject area by the State of Missouri.
De Smet Jesuit is a Jesuit, Catholic college preparatory high school for boys, grades 9-12, located in suburban St. Louis, Missouri. The college prep academic program is complemented by extensive religious, co-curricular, athletic, and personal formation programs. The Mission of De Smet Jesuit is to Inspire & Prepare Men for and with Others to Transform the World, Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam.
Assistant Principal for Student Welfare and Discipline
De Smet Jesuit High School seeks highly qualified candidates for the position of Assistant Principal for Student Welfare and Discipline to begin full-time June 2017. Most competitive candidates will have a Master’s degree in counseling, education, school administration, or related field and four years of successful experience in a high school setting. Candidates must demonstrate superior skills in interpersonal relationships, communication, and organization; visionary leadership in administration; and knowledge of restorative justice practices. Send a resumé, cover letter, and a list of at least three references to Carrie Becher, Administrative Assistant to the Principal, at email@example.com. Application materials will be accepted through February 17.
The Assistant Principal for Student Welfare and Discipline is responsible for initiating and maintaining a vibrant, healthy, and safe environment as well as a positive disciplinary atmosphere throughout the school. This office enforces rules fairly and consistently and directs all safety procedures while working with students, parents, faculty, and appropriate community representatives. The Assistant Principal works closely with the Director of Diversity and Inclusion as well as the Personal Counseling, Student Activities, and Campus Ministry departments in nurturing the growth of all students. The Assistant Principal aids the Principal in the day-to-day operation of the school and works with the Dean of Students to ensure the proper maintenance of attendance and disciplinary records. As a member of the administrative leadership, the Assistant Principal for Student Welfare and Discipline upholds the standards of an Ignatian school, actively participates in the spiritual mission of the school, and maintains positive and regular presence at athletic and co-curricular activities.
- Master’s degree in counseling, education, school administration, or related field.
- Minimum of four years of successful experience in educational setting required, experience working in a high school environment preferred.
- Experience with or knowledge of restorative justice practices.
- Visionary leadership in administration and ability to work with entire school community to maintain high standards for healthy, safe, and orderly environment within school.
- Superior skills in interpersonal relationships, communication, and organization.
Summary of Responsibilities
- Foster formative self-discipline and restorative justice among students.
- Engage in collaborative leadership to ensure a safe and orderly teaching and learning environment.
- Serve as campus health and safety coordinator.
- Execute managerial responsibilities.
- Promote mission-centeredness.