De Smet Jesuit seeks to hire candidates who are proficient in their teaching areas, active in their faith, models of being "men and women for and with others," and interested in being active in the school's co-curricular, athletic and campus ministry programs. Preference will be given to candidates who are certified in their subject area by the State of Missouri.
De Smet Jesuit is a Jesuit, Catholic college preparatory high school for boys, grades 9-12, located in suburban St. Louis, Missouri. The college prep academic program is complemented by extensive religious, co-curricular, athletic, and personal formation programs. The Mission of De Smet Jesuit is to Inspire & Prepare Men for and with Others to Transform the World, Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam.
Director of Diversity and Inclusion
De Smet Jesuit High School seeks highly qualified candidates for the full-time position of Director of Diversity and Inclusion for the 2017–2018 school year.
The Director of Diversity and Inclusion leads, develops, and implements inclusion and diversity programming designed to increase awareness and facilitate dialogue around issues of equity, inclusion, and diversity at De Smet Jesuit. This position is an integral part of the administrative team and is tasked with strengthening and deepening the relationships in our diverse school population. The Director of Diversity and Inclusion manages partnerships between the school and a variety of other community organizations to fulfill the school’s mission and connect De Smet Jesuit to the larger community. The Director collaborates with students, faculty, staff, parents, and the school community to support the unique needs of our diverse students while providing regular programming for the school community. As a member of the administrative leadership team, the Director of Diversity and Inclusion upholds the standards of an Ignatian school, actively participates in the spiritual mission of the school, and maintains a positive and regular presence at school activities.
Send a resumé, cover letter, and three references to Katie Martin, Assistant to the President, at email@example.com. Application materials will be accepted through July 14.
- Master’s degree in education or academic field.
- Minimum of three to five years of experience in providing diversity-related programming to adolescents.
- Minimum of three years of experience teaching in a secondary school environment.
- Superior skills in interpersonal relationships and conflict resolution and proven track record of building community with diverse populations.
- Strong skills in writing, communication, organization, and collaboration, and a high ability to work effectively as a member of an administrative team in a Jesuit, Catholic school setting.
- Experience with program design, management, and evaluation.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Monitor and support the development of an inclusive school climate for all students and faculty throughout their experience at De Smet Jesuit, with a particular emphasis on diversity-related issues and cura personalis.
- Manage diversity awareness through programming, curricular enrichment, and promotion of the greater cultural competency in collaboration with administration, faculty, and students.
- Represent De Smet Jesuit positively and professionally within the school as well as in the broader community, strengthening relationships that support the school’s sense of brotherhood as well as community outreach efforts.
- Promote mission-centeredness.